Community and commitment
To carry out its educational and cultural mission, the Musée de la santé Armand-Frappier is committed to making its content and activities accessible to the entire community. Indeed, understanding health and environmental issues should be within everyone’s reach.
Accessibility measures for clients from underprivileged backgrounds
The team at the Musée de la santé Armand-Frappier is committed to ensuring that its activities are accessible to the greatest number of visitors, notably those from underprivileged Laval neighbourhoods. Thanks to its partners, it is regularly able to offer free registration to the youth scientific workshop as well as to the science camps. Interested parties must fill in the form below. Free registrations are awarded at random. Thank you so much for your interest!
In line with its mission, the Museum recognizes the importance of sustainable development and is committed to integrating it at all levels of its organization. Its commitments are consistent with the five principles of the Société des musées du Québec’s Museums and Sustainable Development Charter:
- Social equity and solidarity
- Protection of cultural heritage
- Participation and commitment
- Responsible production and consumption
- Access to knowledge
Each year, these commitments and orientations are, for the Museum, benchmarks that generate sustainable actions. Here are some of them:
- In 2020, the Museum changed its financial management policy, which now fully integrates responsible procurement;
- Since 2017, it has been contributing to employee group insurance and RRSPs;
- Since 2017, it has been conducting an educational project with teachers and students from École Simon-Vanier to validate the interest in, and accessibility to, the educational content and activities presented;
- The Museum offers free moderated activities to many school groups from underprivileged backgrounds each year;
- In the context of exhibitions and educational programs, moderated activities, and all administrative and logistical processes, it restricts its supply to essentials, reuses and recycles material, and avoids the use of paper. Staff table waste is even composted.
Our annual action plan integrates policies, procedures, and strategic plans to ensure that this commitment is well implemented.
Known for its goodwill and community involvement, the Musée de la santé Armand-Frappier supports and engages with communities that contribute to the well-being of individuals and communities in its region.
Through its sponsorships, the Museum offers companies working in the fields of science, education, culture, health, or sport that share the Museum’s values and mission, as well as all the organizations that inspire our young people, to associate their name with its own, through financial or service support.
Would you like the Museum to become a sponsor? Your organization or event must meet, but not be limited,* to the following criteria:
- This is a not-for-profit organization or event, working in the fields of science, education, culture, health, or sport;
- It is an organization or event that shares the values and missions of the Musée de la santé Armand-Frappier;
- Communication from the organization or event will have a positive impact on the Musée de la santé Armand-Frappier;
- It is an organization or event that is not exclusively involved in the above-mentioned fields, which may be for-profit, but that has an event or project in the field of science, health, education, or access to culture;
- It is an organization or event that aims to offer activities to low-income beneficiaries.
(*other criteria may justify our acceptance of the request).
If your company would like to partner with the Museum, please submit a sponsorship request by completing the form below. We will be happy to contact you!